Welcome to our school
RBIS is an excellent school for your children. We are a British International School in Bangkok serving the educational needs of our children and their families. Our Admissions Team is ready and waiting to provide all the information needed to help you in your search for a place at a top performing school. You may also arrange trial lessons or a taster day, call in to meet the Headmaster and tour the school during the school day to give you a feel for our happy and studious school.
Academic standards are high but the RBIS Sixth Form is more than an academic programme, rather it is an experience which encourages the development of the whole student.
RBIS Sixth Formers are already a good way along their journey to adulthood. The relationships between them and their teachers changes in the Sixth Form where there is an increased sense of working together towards common goals. Similarly the relationship between Sixth Formers and younger students are different as they become role models and school leaders.
The Sixth Form have their own common room and have periods of private study where they develop the skills of independent learning which will be essential when they get to university.The RBIS Sixth Form programme is an academically challenging course where students typically select 4 AS subjects to study in Year 12 then continue 3 of them to A Level in Year 13. The course is flexible and can be tailored to the individual needs and ability of each student. Independent study is taught and encouraged in preparation for further study at university. Integral to the Sixth Form programme are opportunities for sport, community service, adventure training and leadership. We expect all our Sixth Formers to be involved and get the most from the programme.
Significantly to the school’s outstanding ethos, visitors are struck by how well-behaved and polite our students are. They comment also on the warmth of the bonds that students form with each other and staff. This close connection with staff helps to underpin teaching, which is of the highest quality, and coupled with outstanding pastoral care ensures that our students achieve highly. I hope you find our website informative and it helps to answer your questions. Perhaps this might be an opportunity to send me an email or, indeed, arrange a visit to see us in person.
Dr. Bruce Robinson
RBIS Vision and Values
- We pride ourselves on caring for the individual by emphasising personal development, academic excellence and sound preparations for a global future.
- We promote academic achievement within respectful and caring atmosphere where traditional standards are valued.
- We help students develop their character through a wide range of educational pursuits and extra-curricular activities, whilst nurturing their personal qualities and self-esteem at every opportunity.
- Our commitment to these priorities help students become well-balanced, happy and interesting people who are a pleasure to meet and know.
- Our hope is that students will become successful and considerate leaders that can contribute to a better world.